Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fashion Dictionary Made Easy: Capri pants vs. Bermuda shorts

capri pants vs. Bermuda shorts

Which set are Capri pants? A or B?

Capri pants ("capris") are a style of pants designed to end mid-calf or just below the calf otherwise known as long shorts or three-quarters.

Bermuda shorts are a type of short trousers around one inch above the knee otherwise known as walking shorts or dress shorts.

Both Capri pants and Bermuda shorts are widely worn as semi-casual attire by both men and women during warm weather.

Capri pants were my favorites during my university days. I’d always wear them with sketchers or tennis shoes, mid-riff shirt and accessorize them with a big JanSport backpack. But we didn’t call them Capri pants. We called them pedal pants or three-fourths.

Bermuda shorts became my favorites when I started working and especially after I moved to this country where the temperature is much hotter. I love to wear them most of the times with tennis shoes and occasionally with boots or stilettos.

Oopps!

Capri pants end at mid-calf or just below the calf. Bermuda shorts end around one inch above the knee.

15 comments:

  1. I love bermouda shorts!!!They are so handy in summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer short shorts myself; I nevereally like how I look in mid-length shorts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite being told that cropped pants are not a good look for short people, I cheerfully wear capri pants almost anywhere. But I restrict shorts to around-the-house-and-garden only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, darling, I have to say whoever invented capri pants has to be tried for the crimes against fashion. I have never ever seen capri pant that looked perfect on a girl unless it is Natalia Vodianova. :-) I enjoyed reading your post tremendously! Wishing you wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. B!and from the B set I like black pair:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i definitely prefer bermuda shorts over capris these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer capri pants over shorts... I look horible in shorts!

    Enter to win a William Riera dress!
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LIVE in Bermudas...no matter if they're in or outta style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely it's B for me!

    Hold on, Gleen ... linking you back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gleen!

    Which designer?! Been out of it. Aside from that big show, been juggling daily trips to the hospital to visit my Mom ... she's battling a life threatening disease ... so scary ... it's been such a hellish two weeks for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the link, Gleen. Just read it. He was an up-and-coming designer. What a waste of talent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks nice Bermudas
    burmuda shorts are good in summer

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice information

    well i wont use now

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never tried Bermuda shorts, but they seem comfortable for a lazy summer day! Great post!

    xx
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think capri pants look nice, but I'm not a fan of the bermuda shorts. I'm sure they look okay on supermodels, but what about the regular woman?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and for your sweet comments. I assure to visit you back shortly. Hugs :)