Monday, April 5, 2010

Fashion Dictionary Made Easy: A-line skirt vs. Flared Skirt

SKIRT

Which is an A-line skirt? A or B?

A-line skirt – comes in many variations; fits snugly at the waist, hugs the hips and thighs and flares out to a full skirt usually below the knee resembling letter A.

Who fits to wear?
Since A-line skirt comes in many variations, specific style of this type works for a particular body type. For example, a plain A-line skirt that flares down below the knee is not very flattering for thin, narrow-hipped women or those with a smaller rear. But women, who seek to make their too wide hips appear smaller, find answer through A-line skirts.

Some varied A-line skirts do work for most body type. Refer here for a thorough discussion.

Flared skirt – is a skirt that is fitted at the waist and flares out in an A-line or tulip shape at the hem but with extra flares that swing and swish.

Who fits to wear?
Let me just quote this. Recommended if you are tall and heavy on the hips: petite women tend to look overwhelmed in this skirt style

p.s. Are you curious where to get the same flared skirt that Taylor Swift was seen wearing? I know where!

Oppss!

A-line skirt and flared skirt both resemble letter A; other than the latter having more extra flare.

15 comments:

  1. Just love the skirts like the one of Taylor. They make you feel free, LOL.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and nice skirts. I dont know much about A-line skirts. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE Taylor's skirt - so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a-line skirts...I'm short and have a butt (and thighs,) so these are figure flattering life savers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting. Made me realise that I've never worn an A line skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! i love taylor's skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these skirts are lovely, but I prefer the A-line myself.

    I hope that you are having a lovely week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading about these skirts and I too love Taylor's skirt. It looks great on her!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a good post!! Love Taylor Swift in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What types of clothing looks best on a short and thin body size?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @entrpreneurship

    I believe that women with short height should opt to show more flesh in styling. long dresses tend to emphasize the lack of height. vertical stripes pattern can also create a taller impression because it fakes a thinner figure. Therefore, while vertical stripes fakes a taller height, those with thin body size would tend to look even thinner.

    In short, I'd say mini-dresses/skirts are advisable for short and thin body size.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @gleenn, thanks for your suggestion to the query of enterprenership. It helps me too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tips for skirts. I love Taylor's here. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this post. I've never worn an A-line skirt before but sciorta.com has converted me into one. Their skirts are so pretty! What's more, the skirts have their own names, they are lined (luxurious!) and just amazing works of art. The happy skirt maker (Janet) keeps customers updated with the coming designs and connects with her happy clients through her blog which I think is essential in business. I'm receiving my daisy olive sciorta in around two weeks (shop is based in UK) and am looking up ways to pair it up with different tops and footwear. Thanks for this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great story as for me. I'd like to read something more about this topic. The only thing it would also be great to see on this blog is some photos of some gizmos.

    David Kripke
    cell phone blocker

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and for your sweet comments. I assure to visit you back shortly. Hugs :)