Sunday, April 18, 2010

If I were to wear Maxi dress

maxidress

Girls, if there is one style that I am much challenged to wear, that is maxi dress. A long maxi is even more challenging than the short. I admire seeing them worn by tall elegant women who look like queens and goddesses if not innocent girls ready to run off the shore for a play, barefooted. But I have to face it - I am not tall. I can stand 5’5’’ through the aid of 3-inch-heels and perhaps that would suffice to pull on a maxi. But I am scared; I might look like a tent. And yet I cannot just keep admiring and not trying it on me. After all, I am on the quest for creativity. Thus I try to figure what are the important things to consider for a fabulous maxi dress outfit.

I don’t like dresses with big patterns such as large flowers because they just don’t fit a petite frame. Since I don’t have long legs, high heels are a must. It is easy to look short with this type of dress; therefore I have to avoid horizontal patterns no matter how enticing the design can be.

I fell in love with a Celia maxi dress because of its very J.Lo style with elegant combination of colors, but it's a tube. I am not abundant enough for a tube, therefore I have to stick with V-neck cuts to create those imaginary pair of richness and to elongate my figure – thank God maxi dresses usually come in that form. I prefer to go single colored for a sleek and smooth look unless otherwise the patterns are miniature and polished enough to earn my nod. But regardless of the pattern, I am rest assured that I won’t look like a tent as long as I go more structured through an empire waist. I don’t have a large stomach, thanks to my being underweight, but if I do have, I would go for an A-line cut to hide it and thereby create a flattering look. Lastly, I believe it is a rule that only oversized bags and chunky jewelries can maximize a maxi dress.

So tell me, girls. How would you like your maxi dress?

15 comments:

  1. i love maxi dresses! they look so good, but so effortless, and they're so comfortable to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one Maxi dress, for the same reason you have...I'm only 5 feet tall! But it does have a empire waist line and the way the top is structured, it gives me a little something more on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never like how I look in maxi dresses. But I would wear mine with wedge sandals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second one-perfect!!!


    Nuheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would pefere maxi dress like the third one (uneven length) and because I am a fan of exeggeration and overdress I would prefer floral or graphical patterns. And lots of accessoires which is clearly an overkill, but i love it like that.
    xoxo
    Ancia

    ReplyDelete
  6. love maxi dresses..theyre so convenient for the summer..but obviously i stick to plain all black ones

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been kind of hoping to find a sheer one lately...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean! I'm only 4'11'' and I so know that I would look like I got tangled in curtains if I wore one. =/

    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looovly maxi dress!
    Especially I adore wide stripe dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maxi dresses with patterns like the forth one in the picture
    =)

    -Sweet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maxi dresses are so perfect for summer! They are gorgeous and elegant. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the first. But I don't know how would I feel in this dress :). I think they are too long 4 me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the striped one! very cute

    xoxo
    Miss Neira

    http://missneira.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. well, I'm only 5'2" and I wear maxi dresses all the time! You can see me wearing one here. http://www.iamstyle-ish.com/2009/11/lookbook-honolulu-maxi-dress.html

    It's really not that bad, you just gotta find the right fit but otherwise, it's super cute on us small girls too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and for your sweet comments. I assure to visit you back shortly. Hugs :)