Monday, May 24, 2010

Mirror, mirror on the wall; who's the fashion of them all?

Just like the ugly witch antagonist of Sleeping Beauty, I heard tonight the call “Mirror, mirror on the wall …”

mirror

One thing that I cannot live without when we speak about fashion is the mirror. Regardless of how pretty my dress is or how beauty my shoes are, I need to see myself through the mirror wearing them. I have to know how perfect they look on me or how glamorous they make me.

I need mirrors of different sizes starting from the pocket mirror that can be easily inserted in a tiny purse, to the handy mirrors that come along with a make up or a face powder up to the size that is just enough to show the entire face.

girl-at-mirror-19543
photo: thecelebration.files

But what I need most is the mirror that is big enough and tall enough to show the whole I from head to toe with shoes on. My mirror on the wall must be able to tell how good I look for every angle. I cat walk in front of it, I pivot for how many times, 90 degrees to 180 degrees, I sit and walk back and front, before I could be convinced that my outfit is indeed perfect.

tumblr_kzi0gcuqEj1qavi9wo1_500
photo: wykopowisko.tumblr

“Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fashion of them all? I ask before I pick up the keys ready to say “hi” to the world.

What about you girl? How important is a mirror to you?

5 comments:

  1. I use a mirror to get ready but avoid them after I've left the house, except to sometimes check for food in my teeth. I don't even touch up my makeup...this is not really a good thing. Maybe it's my Catholic up bringing that only allows me to be vain in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for your sweet comment :)
    I'm glad you liked the video!
    I think this post is such an interesting idea; a mirror's fairly important to me! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not really a fan of mirrors especially inside my room....I am afraid of big mirrors...as much as possible it should be inside the closet or not parallel to where I am sleeping...compact mirrors are the most important thing but if I get lazy in putting make-up...I don't usually use the mirror that much...

    great post!!!

    Take Care

    Much Love,
    Sweet
    http://pensandlens.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look in one a lot less since I had the kiddo. No time. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree...the most important mirror for me is the full length mirror. Unfortunately...I cant do a full walk off on mine! :( Lets trade?

    xxxx
    Angie
    http://modedemodemode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and for your sweet comments. I assure to visit you back shortly. Hugs :)