Saturday, June 26, 2010

Strategic Shopping for Stylish but Affordable Apparels

One strategy that I found effective in styling is creative combination. By that, I don’t refer to only creative ways of mix matching or style hunting but I refer to strategic ways of combining designers, high street or lookalikes in an outfit. This way of styling has served me best since I started to fall in love with fashion during my university days.

If my shoes are designers, people would certainly notice them. Therefore, I pick a dress that is not a designer but simply is a look alike. The dress can be easily understood as designers too. To complete the outfit, I would take a purse that is a high street product and then walk like everything on me is designers.


However, this strategy would effectively work if you are resourceful. You have to be able to identify products that are affordable but are great lookalikes of designer products. This area requires good taste and keen eyes but is practically helpful given the economy.

Hunting for shops that sell lovely dresses and apparels that I consider great lookalikes is one of techniques for creative shopping. Their products are creatively crafted and are fashionably designers inspired. What is more hilarious about these shops is that their products’ prize usually ranges $10 to $30. It is not difficult to identify apparels that would suit your need for lookalikes because what their shop offers are not only very affordable, they are also very stylish.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Gleenn,

    Great way of dressing mixing designer items with affordable clothing and the whole look can work out great.
    I enjoyed your post.

    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally share your fashion views on mixing high and low priced apparel. All is a question of style, like you so well put it - and carrying it with some mighty gentle pride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post hun! Hope you have a lovely weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i couldn't agree more. it's all about creaitvity. when you wear designer stuff from head to toe, it's kinda overrated.

    xx,
    betz
    http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

    PS: Maybe you wanna check out the new blog my friend and I made. It's everything NYC and more!
    http://everythingnewyorkcity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I definitely need to check this store out! I love look alike dresses! Especially cheap ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those dresses!

    Great post! (:

    www.fashionmistxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mixing designer pieces with bargain basement goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea and I'm going to check out Zepphera, it sounds amazing. Thank you so much for your kind comments and sweet words about the dress I designed. It means so much to me!

    xxxx
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mix of high/low...it makes everything more individual!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it try to check this one you will love it fake handbag. I bought some of my handbags on the web.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and for your sweet comments. I assure to visit you back shortly. Hugs :)