Monday, October 14, 2013

What I Fancy - The Polka Dot Pieces I´d Love to Have for Fall

“one day my best friend said to me 'Jess, you rock a lot of polka dots' and that was the deal breaker, now we're mortal enemies” ― Zooey Deschanel

What is there in polka dot pattern that makes it so powerful to divide? You either love it immensely or you hate it wholeheartedly. Many people say you shouldn´t wear the print when you´re passed third grade. Yet clearly, fashion designers don´t lean into this claim, just take a look at the varied runway looks that include polka dots.

Dolce Vita Alishia Dress, $110.00
That said, I´m on the love side. I love polka dots. A lot. I tend to opt for the neutrals - black dots on white and vice-versa, white dots on navy blue, or pink dots on beige.

This fall season, I have my eyes set on black dots on a light background such as white or beige. I adore this dress from Nasty Gal, so cute, neat, and playful. You´ll seriously get noticed quite quickly from the crowd. I imagine wearing it with black tights, black thigh-high suede boots, and a hot pink handbag. Delicious!
I first saw this beige polka dot sweater from Lulus when they shared it on their facebook fanpage. I was quickly captivated. It´s sweet and would nicely contrast the rugged look of tattered jeans.

Equipment Shane Polka Dot Crew, €303.46 Was €404.60
This black/white dotted knit from my-wardrobe makes me imagine once again that I`m rich. You know, it´s a pretend game that I play whenever I take my fashion blogger seat. It´s really fashionable and divine. But the question isn´t about is it worth an investment? It´s do you have extra dime to invest? The answer for me is "No." This is an utter luxury for someone like me who doesn´t qualify in the rich category. So I´ll suffice myself with listing this polka dot sweater on my "What I Fancy" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time and for your sweet comments. I assure to visit you back shortly. Hugs :)