Saturday, November 9, 2013

Feeling Creative with My Fruit Dessert

Avoid fruits and nuts. You are what you eat. ~ Jim Davis

I was reading an article today about "How to Live to 100" and I learned that adding more fruits and vegetables to our diet can actually improve our lung function. Moreover, if we convert to vegan diet and steer clear from meat including eggs and dairy products entirely, our body is able to beat cancer cells better and it keeps us from high blood pressure which we earn from high cholesterol foods. This information led me to dig for some fruits to complete our dinner this evening which consisted of crunchy fried fish.


But I can never be a vegan. I love fish and can never give it up. Also, I love mixing meat with vegetables. I was raised in a household that consumes lots of vegetables and it was my dad´s goal to always feed us healthily. And while I appreciate it and agree with it, I just think that going entirely vegan is boring.

Anyway, while prepping the fruits for dinner this evening, I felt like playing creative. I know that your appetite improves if the food is presented well. I am sold to the idea that we should treat ourselves to little pampering even on very normal days.

Unfortunately, I´m not naturally creative when it comes to food presentation. When hubby guessed what I was about to do, he teased me. I know that what I put on the table isn´t mega creative but I´m taking baby steps here. I enjoyed doing it and we enjoyed the fruits too.

4 comments:

Lara said...

You could also put fruit on skewers my mom used to stack them in a semicirkle to make it look look a hedgehock :) x

glee said...

Sounds like a great idea, Lara. I will try it next time. :)

simply kim said...

i love fruits! my entire family does, :D and i don't think i can be a vegan either. i simply love chicken.. i wish i could follow your blog but i couldn't find GFC
anywhere..

kimmy visited back!

glee said...

Thanks for reminding me about that, Kim, I´ve put back my GFC now so you could folow me. Thanks!