Thursday, May 12, 2016

My Second Trimester Pregnancy Outfits

At the end of this week I will be entering the third trimester of my pregnancy. It awes me how time flies and how the nine months journey of pregnancy doesn´t actually feel that long, at least that´s how it feels for me thus far.

So I thought that before I bade farewell to the golden trimester of pregnancy I better go back to all the outfits I wore the past three months. All these outfits are clothes from my pre-pregnancy closet. I didn´t shop for pregnancy clothes, and even the few dresses I bought while pregnant are dresses that I will certainly wear post pregnancy.

Week 19
Week 19: Black and White Stripe Dress 

This b&w stripe dress is a sleeveless summer dress which I layered with a purple cardigan for an indoor outfit. This photo was taken on a winter day so this wouldn´t work outdoor.

Week 20
Week 20. Little Gray Dress 

For a first taste of spring, I layered a little gray dress with cowl neck with a black and white leopard print cardigan (which I could no longer close due to the bump), a pair of dark gray leggings, a brown leather jacket, and I finished the look with some high-top sneakers that are so comfy for a stroll at the park. I also added a black infinity scarf to keep my neck warm.

Week 20

Fit and Flare Polka Dot Dress

That weekend hubby and I were invited to the first birthday party of Angie, my friend´s blessed baby who arrived while my friend was 42 years old! I wore a sleeveless fit and flare dotted dress which, luckily, has a stretchable bodice to accommodate my growing belly. I layered it with a black pullover.


Baby Angie was so lucky to have a warm weather for her birthday. The temperature hit 20 degrees so that we´re able to have outdoor pictorial.

Week 21

Week 21: Rose Quartz
 
Rose Quartz is 2016`s pantone color. Digging deep in my closet I found this rose quartz knitted sweater dress which I have never worn because it used to make me look too thin pre-pregnancy. Now that I have gained a few kilos and with a showing bump, the dress fitted perfectly.

I layered it with a dark brown floral silk scarf, some black tights, a pink leather jacket, and some maroon lace-up ankle boots for spring.

Week 23
Week 23: Printed Velvet Cardigan

This photo was rather spontaneous. Hubby and I did cat sitting for our two cats in the garden and he took some baby bump photos for me. I was wearing my house clothes, a comfy knitted sweater in mint with some comfy, red plaid shorts, and I swapped my winter slippers for these (for the garden) flat brown boots. I also threw over a printed velvet cardigan which is my favorite.

Week 23
Week 23. Biker Look

Really loving this biker look I created for my bump. This outfit features Calvin Klein leather boots, Zara leather jacket, X=ACT sweater dress (a popular brand in Thailand), and Picard satchel.

Week 24
Week 24. Print on Print Monochrome

I matched a floral print Mango sweater with a Mango plaid mini skirt (both monochrome) for an appointment with my OB. Because it snowed that day, I finished the look with some tall boots and an army coat.

Week 24
Week 24: Pashmina Scarf

My spring layering turned out to be not warm enough for the weather that day, but it was too late to go home and change, so I wrapped myself with a two-sided thick pashmina scarf to protect my baby bump from the cold. The scarf became the main statement of this look.

Week 24
Sweater Dress with Flutter Sleeves

For a fridate with hubby, I layered a fave knitted sweater dress with flutter sleeves with all black – pullover, scarf, tights, and oxford flat shoes.

Week 24

Paisley Print Mini Dress

This mini dress which I got from a flea market quickly became a favorite of mine. It´s so, so gorgeous that it can be layered nicely for spring or worn as is for summer. Because it´s empire waist, it catered my already big bump.




Week 25
Week 25. LBD with Houndstooth Blazer

Hubby´s second cousin, who´s also his goddaughter, had her first communion last week. For the event, I dressed up a stretchy little black dress with black stockings, a houndstooth print blazer (sleeves rolled up) from Mango, snake print high heels with ankle strap from H&M, and a pink pop Valentino satchel.




Little Black Dress

This LBD was gifted to me by a friend in Bangkok. My hubby loves how it looked on me before I got pregnant, but the dress turned out to be also gorgeous for my bump because of its stretchy material. I just love how it shows off my bump. I accessorized it with a slim mono print scarf and of course, the snake print stilettos.

Week 26
Week 26
Week 26. Oversized Purple Sweater Dress

I love plenty of oversized pieces because of how comfortable they feel. This purple sweater is one of them; I got it from H&M last year and it´s just perfect for my bump. In order to balance the boxy look, I paired the sweater with some nude slim boots.


So that´s about my pregnancy outfits for second trimester. Remember that they´re mostly outfits for spring. I´ll be showing more in summer so expect me wearing maxi dresses and lots of airy mini dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time and for your sweet comments. I assure to visit you back shortly. Hugs :)